Oct 22, 2009

INTERVIEW: Billboard Protest

WEDNESDAY 10.21.09 -  INTERVIEW W/ Cary Berglund - CHANNEL 4 NEWS





















I would like to clarify something... When I said "Everybody" on the interview.. I meant all Catholics & other Cultures!  Forgive me... I was a bit nervous!!  I don't do this kind of stuff everyday!

I understand why people are not bothered in LA. (the poor soul in the interview) ... Like he said: I'm not the religious type! Most people probably don't even recognize the statue... specially if they haven't traveled! BUT a Network like SONY knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they destroyed the Statue of Christ the Redeemer.  It's wrong!!

 My favorite response:
What a bunch of crap to do something like this that is so important and well known world wide!


WATCH THE INTERVIEW...

View more news videos at: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video.



When you are on the right path...Things just fall into place!
  • I woke up with an email from my little cousin in Brazil...fixing my Portuguese grammar for the blog!
  • Had an interesting chat with another Catholic designer..." I've been on this entertainment industry for over 10 years...SONY knew what they were doing when they decided to destroy the image of Jesus Christ on that Billboard!!" - They are trying to send a message against the Catholic Church!
  • He also gave me a great advice... I should chat with Rick Sanchez!
  • Then... I get an email from: Cary Berglund, a reporter from the Channel 4 news for an interview today!!  We met in front of the disturbing 2012 billboard Ad in Hollywood - created by SONY destroying the image of Christ the Redeemer... It was lovely to meet Cary but he tried to test me!!  I prayed until the interview aired at 5:00 p.m. in Los Angeles.   I wanted to make sure my message got across correctly...
  • The interview on TV was a success!!  Hopefully, I'll get Sony's attention now... TX Cary & camera guy!  I felt bad for the poor soul that got interviewed as well...Like he said:  "I'm not the religious type and the billboard does not offend me!"  Most Americans who haven't travelled don't even recognize the statue.... Unfortunately, the rest of the world knows the statue meaning !! It's well know around the globe!!  I'm still shocked that a Network like SONY would approve something like that?
  • I cancelled Sushi dinner with my girlfriends tonight... I had to reply to all the comments & emails tonight. 
  • Took a nap from 11pm -3am
  • Finished the letter to Bill Donahue  - The Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights in New York
I'm very thankful for all the opportunities I had this week.... Special Thanks to NBC News in LA and St. Victor's church! I look forward to hearing from SONY ... I'll keep you posted! (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment