Oct 22, 2009

COMMENTS...

HERE'S A FEW COMMENTS FROM EMAIL, FACEBOOK & STORY ...
  •  I didn’t know anything about this. What a bunch of crap to do something like this that is so important and well known world wide!
  • am proud of you Sara for speaking up....read some of the comments and geez i find it hard to believe these people had caring/loving parents.  who raised them?
    anyhow i tried to post to tell you how proud i am of you and that we all need to speak up for what we value and believe in.  not enough people like you and me speak out and
    i've made a decision that i'm going to not be silent any longer.
    so you go girl.
  • Society has got to STOP it's direction towards "nothing is out of bounds when it comes to ad's, that you should not care about religion or God. That if it gets attention you have some how done your job". In truth it takes very little effort or creativity to be vulgar. SONY has not done it's job with the ads for this film. The whole "bad press is better than no press" does not apply. Before people have even seen the film they are put off by the ads.
    It screams of a film that is not well made and must resort to gimic to get attention. They should push the actors in the film and keep some mystery about the plot line. After all it is not a story line that has not been done a million times.
    You are a brave young woman Sara. I'd suggest creating an ad that you think would get their "end of the world" across with more drama and not offending anyone!
    Love you, remember to smile and be happy in the interview and don't let them get you off the topic on to other things. If they ask "well what about what Gerard butler did etc." simply say "I'd be happy to speak to you about that off camera once we have dealt with the issues we are here to cover"
    Love you so much!!  God bless xoxox 
  • Wow!!! You are on  mission!!! 
  • Posted on Facebook. :)
  • oh no they di'int...
  • WTf??? (f is for frick)
  • he'll be fine. i heard he can walk on water.
  • wtf is this???
  • That's not the statue that is on the top of the rock is it? The really famous one?  OHHHHHHHHH wait, is that just part of the billboard to promote the new movie 2012? I have heard that the Mayans or Aztecs or another tribe predicted that Armageddon would be in 2012. I though that was the real statue. But either way, it's just wrong, I agree with you.
  • Although, you know the bigger stink you make about it, the more free publicity the movie gets!
  • Are there any statues of Rush Limbaugh out there that could be destroyed?
  • I'm in total agreeance with her on this one! Where are the Rush Limbaugh statues going down?
  • you go girl!
  • You know Jesus would forgive
  • There is also a billboard of it on Ventura in Studio City. Boo!
  • Aowww!! Do your thang, Sara!! :) 
  • I love you Sara...!
  • Salla! I freaking ADORE you! You are amazing, I cannot believe you have accomplished all this press...yes I can. great job.  I sent your link to my family.
  • Go Sah-rah!!!  Jesus?  Not so much.  Wish I cared more but I have bigger fish to fry.  I'm proud of her though!  I, too, take a stand for what I believe in.  For example, just the other day, I gave the finger to some anti-same-sex-marriage-rights protestors while in my car on the way to Ikea.  A website dedicated to my movement is in progress...
  • Geez, I hope I never get on your bad side!
  • Danggggg. Way to be stud =)
  • Sara... You don't mess around. I am totally amazed (and proud). Rock on little missy...!!!
  • thats cool dude!!good for you sara, make em take that bullshit down:)  good luck;)
  • You're brilliant babe! Go GET 'EM!!
  • The 2012 ad campaign has a lot of destruction and I can understand why it would upset you.  The movie is made by the same guy who made Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, so you know he likes to watch things be destroyed.
  • I think you should write to Sony directly about the billboard with snail mail or better yet, post your outrage publicly on their facebook page and spread the word to your friends and family (http://www.facebook.com/2012Movie).
    You know they wreck the whole world in the movie, not just Rio, right? It's a disaster flick retread of the Day After Tomorrow & Independence Day, except with the world flooding and people surviving on an "ark." Has mass destruction of every major city in the world--just watch the trailer (they hit the Washington Monument, the White House, and of course, Wilshire Blvd. :D). Good luck on your quest!
  •  I want this billboard removed. It is highly offensive!!! When they show the SONY sign getting trampled, I will be 1st in line. What idiots did the market research on this film?? Is this the best they could come up with to depict the Mayan civilization?? JERKS - Anyone associated with this film. Isn't there enough plight, War and negative energy blown into the airwaves? ENOUGH already!! I wouldn't waste a dime or time on it. 
  • Fear Not ! The statue will rise again ! I read the Book .  
  • Hey ---! your CITIZENSHIP is not something that strips away your nationality so why don't you pack your bags go back to school and learn the meaning of CITIZENSHIP! Besides it doesn't matter if she's a citizen or not, she has every right to speak her mind and as a practicing catholic I'm also offended by the level of ignorance that this billboard presents.
  • This does not bother me but I think that this is chosen because it will stir emotion in a community that will not react violently. What would be the reaction if this was an icon in a Muslim nation?  
  • Tambem achei que podiam ter usado a estatuda da liberdade no cartaz.
    Mas acho que não seja nada D+, pois o foco do filme é maremoto, tsunami terremoto essas coisas...
  • ei mulambiz! que legal! hehehe!
    muito bacana vc ir falar sobre o que te incomoda. isso aí, isso é muito importante.
    me fale como isso foi recebido aí!!!
  • Essa é uma matéria que ajudará a vender mais tickets para ver o filme, infelizmente! Desperta a curiosidade sobre o filme. Os produtores do filme querem mais é que ele seja falado, comentado... Bom ou ruim, estão falando dele.
  • Estou na mídia a muitos anos Sara, é complicado, só de vc mencionar o problema eles já se beneficiam com isso.  Abraço
  • congrats mulambiz! recebi seu email e vou enviar para todos. hoje meu dia foi corridíssimo, mas vou traduzir pra vc amanhã, ok? bjo grande!
  • I think you did an awesome thing! I thought your letter was from the heart and totally based in real concerns that they obviously hadn't bothered to consider. I'm not surprised you're getting attention honey - I think you're doing a really, really cool thing!

    I'd be holding up placards and walking the streets chanting "Don't Blame It On Rio!" for hours if I was there - so you've got my support :-)
  • Good for you, did you mail the U2 tix?

No comments:

Post a Comment