Oct 22, 2009

This week's Recap

What I've done so far...
If you think of something else, Please let me know... Thanks

MONDAY: I saw the Disrespectful billboard Ad created by SONY
  1. Took a picture w/ my iphone
  2. Posted on facebook and twitter... Lots of comments 
  3. Took another picture with my good camera (almost got hit by cars crossing that corner! HA
  4. Email my best friend in Canada.  She is Catholic as well.  She called me within a hour!  We talked for a while... she agreed that billboard was very disrespectful. She told me to contact our church in West Hollywood.
  5. I wrote a letter to Sony
  6. Called my CBS writter friends... he gave me great ideas: Posted it somewhere people need to see it. Talk with the Brazilian community in LA and religious site ( Catholics)
  7. I printed out the photos, letter and talked with Robert after spin.  He listen to my story... he understood why i was so upset!  He told me to post it on my site all the info and gave me his contact info! ...very compassionate guy!
  8. I went home instead of working out and worked all night long! TX to redbulls!  :)
  9. I emailed all my friends, family & old co-workers from Sony, Disney, CBS, etc..
  10. I spent hours getting Sony contacts at linkedin!  Gotta luv technology! ha haa
  11. I started this blog: Sony Disrespect Brazil

TUESDAY:  I took a personal day.  The Story was Posted on NBC!
  1. My friends started replying and fwd my info...
  2. I begin emailing & calling all the Sony peeps from my list: VP, SVP, Press, Marketing, Promotions, Photo, etc...
  3. I emailed Robert the blog, images of the billboard & location.
  4. Emailed every Brazilian community in LA from Jujitsu, Gisele and the embassy!!
  5. Talked with my church... They told me to talk with the director of the Catholic league in NY.  They are the ones that go after these issues.. specially because it's a nationwide campaign.  They said I could leave flyers at the church as well!
  6.  Sony peeps were kind enough to return my call ... wrong department!  They told me to try someone in the Theatrical Department but they didn't give me any names! Ahrrr 

    One Lady from Sony
    (VP of Photo) was very sarcastic...
    Here's how the conversation went down: 

    SV:
    Hi -- thanks for returning my call... blah blah. 
    Sony:  What organization are you with? 
    SV: None! but I just talked w/ my priest and the Brazilian community...blah blahh 
    Sony:  Let me get this straight! You are upset because the image of Christ the Redeemer was destroyed but you don't care about the other monuments destroyed, like "The Vatican?? 
    SV: I am sure you guys will get other complaints but I haven't seen them! 
    Sony
    :  You haven't seem them on TV? 
    SV: NO! I don't have TV... I get my news online!! 
    Sony: Ok, I will pass your information and let them know ...you only want the billboards with Christ the Redeemer taken down.
    SV: Thanks for sending my information.  Have a great day. Bye!

    P.S. That lady was probably having a bad day and took it out on me! RUDE!  What organization I am with!!??  The SARAVIEIRA organization! ha haaa   I  followed up with an email later.

    I've decided to do the impossible... call the Sony operator and just ask to transfer me to someone at the Theatrical Department... Sounds easy and simple but it never happens at any major network!  Well... she did!  I got IT!  I explained that I've been calling all day... all I want  is reach the right person!!  He gave me the # for Ann B

    Keep in Mind... all the Sony peeps decided to call me back when I was leaving my church...  I didn't have a pen with me!  I had to use LIPSTICK to write down all the info!  TX  L'Oréal.

    I called Ann B and her assistant answered.  Kim was very polite... She said Ann B. is out of town this week.  She told me to send all the information to press@spe.sony.com and she would forward the information to the right department.  Yay!  :)

    I got home and had an email from Olsen Ebright from NBCLosAngeles.com.    He said: Just wanted to let you know we've posted the story on our website.
    Brazilians Offended Over Destruction of Christ the Redeemer
    Thank you Robert and Olsen!!

  7.  I was so excited and happy... I started to cry (tears of Joy!!!)
    I decided to take a nap... I was up for over 30 hours! I skipped the gym tonight.

  8. I woke up at midnight... 3 hours of sleep feels like heaven!  I had a liquid diet today.. only redbulls!  I don't like to eat when I stay up all night... because I get tired and fall asleep!

  9. I went to 711 for more redbulls. Updated my blog with the new content from the article and then, continue sending emails to different Brazilian organizations.


WEDNESDAY:  GOT INTERVIEWED...



P.S.  I am a little tired right now... I've been working on the blog and flyers/design since 7:00am.  Not sure if If I'll finished the recaps today...

P.S. I skipped going to a Party in Hollywood Tonight! boo 
U2 Live tomorrow... Yay
Sunday Spin & I must call Grandma in Brazil.

I've been listening to this song on repeat... Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment